No. 88 National GuardChevrolet SS Clinching the top spot on the list, Earnhardt's National Guard die-cast outpaced the field by a wide margin.
No. 88 Diet Mountain Dew Chevrolet SSEarnhardt's Diet Mountain Dew paint scheme is a perennial fan favorite among race fans and serious die-cast collectors.
No. 88 National Guard/Man of Steel Chevrolet SSEarnhardt raced this car just once, at Michigan International Speedway and that was all it took for this car to shoot to the top five faster than a speeding bullet.
No. 14 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet SSSmoke debuted a new sponsor and a brand new paint scheme in 2013, and fans responded by adding the die-cast to their collections in droves.
No. 24 AARP/Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet SSGordon makes the top five best-sellers for the third year in a row with his primary paint scheme – the AARP/Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet.
No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet SSIn her rookie season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Patrick started on the pole at Daytona and secured a top 10 die-cast position.
No. 2 Miller Lite Ford FusionKeselowski's 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship title led to fans ordering the famous Blue Deuce early in the season.
No. 24 Cromax Pro Chevrolet SSA new paint scheme and a newly named sponsor propelled Gordon to a second showing in the Lionel Racing best-sellers list.
No. 15 PEAK/Duck Dynasty Toyota CamryWith its camo design that included the most famous beards on television, this car's paint scheme was a bona fide hit with NASCAR fans at Watkins Glen.
No. 3 1989 Wilkesboro Win Goodwrench Chevrolet Monte CarloThe Intimidator himself rounds out the year's best-selling die-cast with a historic car from Lionel Racing's NASCAR Classics line – a car that replicates Earnhardt's last win in a Monte Carlo.
LIONEL RACING ANNOUNCES THE BEST-SELLING DIE-CAST OF 2013
CONCORD, NC. (December 11, 2013) – What do Dale Earnhardt Jr., Duck Dynasty, and a Chevrolet from 1989 have in common? All three made it onto this year's list of best-selling die-cast, which was announced today by Lionel Racing, The Official Die-Cast of NASCAR
While the stock cars changed dramatically in 2013, one thing that remained the same was Earnhardt's popularity among die-cast collectors.
Earnhardt occupied not just the first, but also the top three spots on the best-sellers list. His No. 88 National Guard Chevrolet was the best-selling 1:24 scale die-cast car of the year, while his Diet Mountain Dew and National Guard/Man of Steel cars followed in second and third positions, respectively.
"Every year it holds true, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a fan favorite among collectors and fans who spend their hard-earned discretionary income on NASCAR merchandise," said Howard Hitchcock, Vice President and General Manager of Lionel Racing.
"His National/Guard Man of Steel die-cast was our best-selling special paint scheme of the year, and his primary paint schemes outpaced the field by a wide margin."
For the first time, Clint Bowyer made Lionel's Top 10 with the PEAK/Duck Dynasty Toyota Camry that he raced at Watkins Glen.
"This car was a bona fide hit with NASCAR fans," Hitchcock said. "Bowyer and Duck Dynasty are a perfect match and that combination resulted in one of the most sought after collectibles of the year."
An offering from Lionel Racing's NASCAR Classics line also made the cut. Coming in tenth was a raced version of the Chevy that Dale Earnhardt won in at Wilkesboro in 1989 – his last win in the Monte Carlo model.
"This is one of those historic die-cast that you can't believe was never made before," Hitchcock said. "We replicated the car Earnhardt won in at Wilkesboro with the scratches and scuffs that were on his actual car after the race. It's one of my favorite NASCAR Classics offerings to date."
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.No. 88 National Guard Chevrolet
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.No. 88 Diet Mountain Dew Chevrolet
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.No. 88 National Guard/Man of Steel Chevrolet
- Tony StewartNo. 14 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet
- Jeff GordonNo. 24 AARP/Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet
- Danica PatrickNo. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet
- Brad KeselowskiNo. 2 Miller Lite Ford
- Jeff GordonNo. 24 Cromax Pro Chevrolet
- Clint BowyerNo. 15 PEAK/Duck Dynasty Toyota
- Dale EarnhardtNo. 3 1989 Wilkesboro Win Chevrolet
Best-Selling Drivers of 2013
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Jeff Gordon
- Tony Stewart
- Jimmie Johnson
- Brad Keselowski
- Kyle Busch
- Danica Patrick
- Kasey Kahne
- Matt Kenseth
- Kevin Harvick
Best-Selling Raced Win Die-Cast
- Jimmie Johnson's Lowe's Daytona 500 Win Chevrolet SS
- Jeff Gordon's AARP/Drive to End Hunger Martinsville Win Chevrolet SS
- Matt Kenseth's Husky Tools/500th Start New Hampshire Win Toyota Camry
- Austin Dillon's American Ethanol Eldora Win Chevrolet Silverad
- Kevin Harvick's Bell Helicopters Richmond Win Chevrolet SS
Best-Selling Special Paint Schemes of 2013
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. National Guard/Man of Steel Chevrolet
- Clint Bowyer PEAK/Duck Dynasty Toyota Camry
- Kurt Busch Wonder Bread Chevrolet SS
- Jimmie Johnson Lowe's/Monsters University Chevrolet SS
- Michael Waltrip Aaron's/University of Alabama Champions Toyota Camry